Label Cloud

Monday, February 14, 2011

Challenge I: digesting Google dinner

I joined the Technovation challenge as a mentor to help high school girls build and market an Android application. The program is organized by Iridescent Learning, and it is taking place at Google NYC. Thanks to them, we get to meet these awesome girls, who are passionate about this whole program - which runs for 12 weeks. My team is now 6 girls, plus the TA, and me (8 girls)! They are all fun to work with.

We haven't got into the building the application yet, we are still at the brainstorming point. But we are really brainstorming though: there are 3 girls that come up with different ideas every second! And honestly, all of them are really great ideas. Now they have five different app ideas -which I am not going to mention here- and all of these are apps that are necessary out there.

While we were brainstorming, I was thrilled by how these girls think of futuristic subjects! I don't know whether it is the movies like Minority Report, or whether it is iPhone app store that makes them so creative, but they do have a lot of ideas that they think can be seen in the future, and that are already a research subjects at some universities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment